Friday, April 15, 2011

Welcome To the Neighborhood!


About a month ago someone told me that there was going to be a new quilt shop opening in Franklin Square and guess what?  They were right and it is now open!  Threadbenders Quilt Shop is at 613 Franklin St. and owned by Peg West.


Peg

I was off on Tuesday and had the chance to stop in and check out the shop.  Being in the heart of the old Michigan City shopping district, Threadbenders is located in a beautiful space with high ceilings and a great glass storefront.  When I first arrived I had Peg to myself and was able to get to know her just a bit.  She has some great ideas for the shop (block of the month, mystery quilt....), is super helpful and seemed to love "talking quilt" as much as I do!



When you walk into the shop, long wooden sewing tables line the front and give a hint of classes to come.  Some of Peg's handiwork is displayed in the store including the absolutely gorgeous quilt behind the counter (sorry my picture doesn't do it justice!).  The space is bright, clean and uncluttered.  Peg's fabric choices were beautiful and I had fun picking out some pieces for an upcoming project. 



It is really wonderful to see some new life coming to the old Franklin Square. Years ago it was a hoppin' happenin' place to be and there is no reason why it can't be once again.  Good luck with your new venture Peg!




No comments:

Post a Comment